Returns and refunds
Return policy; within 7 days after order is recieved. Refund to card or paypal.
If a buyer is looking to return an item or get a refund from an order placed on Ditto Africa, the first thing they should do is contact us at email@example.com. It is important that you include order number to address returns and refunds.
A non-delivery occurs when a buyer places an order but does not receive the item.
Non-delivery cases include when:
- There is no proof that the item was shipped to the buyer.
- An item was sent to an address that is not on the Ditto Africa receipt.
Ditto Africa doesn't hold the Brand responsible for shipping delays or errors, as long as the Brand can prove that they shipped the item on time to the address on the Ditto Africa receipt. If the item was shipped and has a tracking number, you may be able to contact the shipping carrier directly to open a claim.
An item is not as described if the buyer can demonstrate (through photos or other documentation) that it is significantly different from the Brand’s listing description and photos. Here are a few examples of not-as-described cases:
- The item received is a different color, model, version, or size.
- The item has a different design or material.
- The Brand failed to disclose that an item is damaged or is missing parts.
- The buyer received the incorrect quantity of items (e.g., the buyer purchased three items but only received two).
- The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.
- The condition of the item is misrepresented (e.g., the item is described as new but is used).
Not-as-described cases can also be filed for late delivery. An order may be considered a late delivery if:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.
- The Brand did not ship the item(s) according to their processing time or the date agreed upon in Messages.
Note: Ditto Africa does not hold Brands responsible for shipping delays or errors, as long as the Brand can prove that they shipped the item on time to the address on the Ditto Africa receipt.
If an item is significantly similar to the Brand’s listing description and photos, it is not eligible for a not-as-described case.
Obligations of the Brand
To resolve a non-delivery case, Brand needs to provide proof of shipping or a refund to the buyer. Proof of shipping should show that the item was shipped to the address given by the buyer when they purchased the item on Ditto Africa. Proof of shipping could be:
- A scanned copy of the delivery confirmation or departure information.
- A shipping service receipt.
- A customs form.
- A tracking number and/or tracking information that shows the package was delivered to the buyer.
Ditto Africa doesn't hold Brands responsible for shipping delays or errors, as long as the Brand can prove that they shipped the item on time to the address on the Ditto Africa receipt.
To resolve a not-as-described case, Brand must work with the buyer and Ditto Africa to show that the item was properly described in the listing.
If a case isn’t resolved between the Brand and buyer, then Ditto Africa reserves the right to issue a refund to the buyer and recoup funds from the brand directly.
Ineligible Disputes and Transactions
Some disputes and transactions are ineligible if:
- Items that have been altered, used, worn, washed, or discarded after receipt.
- Items that are received after the agreed-upon delivery date due to shipping delays.
- Items that are returned without a return agreement.
- Items that are accurately described but don’t meet a buyer's expectations.
- Cost of shipping disputes.
- Items that are purchased in person.